ITS for Public Transit Services
Our Papers and Presentations
At ConSysTec, we have built our transit practice around sharing transit related data and information. Transit data takes many forms: service schedules, planning data, real time information, fare data, and more. Our work in this area involves developing systems and actively managing data sets to facilitate the sharing of transit related data among transit agencies, and between transit agencies and consumers. Some of our specific transit services include:
- Development of data models and feed specifications to be used in real time transit systems
- High level system design for real time transit information systems, including development of Concept of Operations and System Requirements documentation.
- Collect and process transit data from transit agencies for use in regional trip planning applications. Perform outreach to agencies to facilitate this process.
- Support transit agencies to translate schedule and other data into industry standard feed formats, including the General Transit Feed Specification (GTFS) used by Google, and the Schedule Data Profile (SDP) Standard, developed by ConSysTec for the New York State Department of Transportation (NYSDOT).
- Develop Enterprise Architectures for transit agencies. ConSysTec developed the Transit Enterprise & Architecture Planning Framework (TEAP) for the Transit Cooperative Research Program (TCRP) of the Transportation Research Board (TRB). The results were documented in TCRP Report 84, Volume 9.