Systems Engineering Services
Nearly everything we do at ConSysTec involves use of the Systems Engineering Process. The Systems Engineering Process provides a structured methodology for managing complex systems used in the ITS field. Our staff is highly qualified in the practice of Systems Engineering, and our President, Dr. Rob Jaffe, is an INCOSE Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP).
All projects have risks involved. When taking a project through the Systems Engineering Process, two important questions to ask are:
- Was the correct system built?
- Was the system built correctly?
In addition to utilizing the Systems Engineering Process on nearly every project we work on, we offer specific services related to Systems Engineering:
- Systems Engineering Analysis for specific ITS Projects. As required by FHWA and FTA policies, all ITS Projects using federal funding in the United States are required to undergo a Systems Engineering Analysis commensurate with the scope of the project. We are well qualified to aide in performing this analysis and preparing documentation for the required Systems Engineering Analysis.
- Management of the Systems Engineering Process and Preparation of Systems Engineering Documentation. Systems Engineering is a process, which breaks a project down and puts it back together, to ensure that the correct system is being built, and that the system is being built properly. We are experienced in all phases of the Systems Engineering Process, including development of documentation (i.e., Systems Engineering Management Plan, Concept of Operations, System Requirements, System Design Specifications, Test Plans, etc.).
- Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) / Testing. We can independently develop test plans, specifications, and procedures to verify that the system abuilt properly and validate that the proper system was built. It is a best practice to have testing performed by an independent reviewer.
- Serve as Team Systems Engineer. We are qualified to serve as the teamís systems engineer on major ITS projects. We can independently manage the entire systems engineering lifecycle.
- Prepare procurement documents. We have experience in preparing procurement documents which utilize the systems engineering process to define the requirements for a system as specified in a procurement specification.